HOW TO APPLY
The application portal is now CLOSED. The next date for applications will be January 27, 2020 from 12:00am-11:59PM.
Please see the instructions listed below to set up your system user account PRIOR to that date. You will need an active system account to complete your application when the portal is open.
For 2020 application dates, please click here. These dates are subject to change. Please check back for updates.
Non-Discrimination Pledge to Applicants and Apprentices
The Trustees of the JATC will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older. The Trustees of the JATC will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.
- Applicants must be at least 17 years of age and must have completed one year of high school algebra. Applicants will need to request an official transcript containing the graduation date or completed a GED and provide documentation and GED completion date.
- Apprentice Classes are started as manpower demands dictate and vary based on economic conditions in the market at any given time.
- You must create a user account prior to initiating an application.
This is your FIRST STEP.
You will create your selected username and password. Once submitted, you’ll receive a confirmation email. Click on the link within the confirmation email, read the instructions on the New Account Request page, and then click on the “Next” button to create your account.
Please create your user account PRIOR to the date that you plan to apply. Application volumes may be heavy during the open application period and we may not be available to assist you quickly if you do not have an established Account.
4. You may initiate an application online when the application portal is open. Applications can only be started when the portal is open.
5. Once you have submitted your application online, you will have 30 days to submit an official sealed copy of your high school transcript (not a copy of your diploma) in a sealed envelope directly to the Training Center. Your high school may mail them to our office at: 2277 E. 11 Mile Road, Warren, MI 48092 OR you can hand-deliver them UNOPENED to that address personally. If the transcript envelope is opened, it is not valid.
6. If you meet the qualifications for application, which include: High School Graduation or GED and one (1) year successful completion of Algebra, you will be notified to report for testing within 2 months. There will be a $20.00 processing fee payable at the time of your test date.
Applicants will receive notification of test date and time via text, email and a letter will be mailed to the mailing address provided at the time of application.
TEST RESULTS: If your test results are satisfactory, you will be notified via text, email and a letter will be mailed to the address provided at application within 3 months of the test date to appear for an interview.
7. If you obtain a qualifying test score to move forward to an interview, you will be notified via text, email and a letter will be mailed to the address provided within 3 months of the test date to appear for an interview at the Training Center.
8. If you do not obtain a qualifying test score to move forward to an interview, you will receive a correspondence via text and email at the contact information you provided at the time of application.
Next Step: You will need to re-apply during the next open application date and re-test not earlier than six months from your original testing date (must wait six months to re-test) when notified to be considered for an interview based on a qualifying test score.
9. Creating an Account/Account Log-in:
- To create a user account, click here.
- Click here to log in to your account and begin or complete an application.
- SAMPLE TEST: Take the free sample test here.
No On-line Access?
If you do not have access to a computer or mobile device, you may apply online at our facility on the day of application between the hours of 9am-3pm. Be sure to bring your work history for your last three employers.
Questions? Please call our office at 586-751-6600 between the hours of 9am-4pm, Monday-Friday for questions on the process.
If accepted into the program you will need to have internet access and a Windows based computer in order to complete homework assignments. Computer/Internet access can be made available for you at the training center if you do not have them available elsewhere. Computer requirements are as follows:
15″ HD Display
i3 or better Processor (Dual Core minimum)
Microsoft Windows 7, 8 or 10 (full version, no RT)
Web Browser (Firefox recommended)